211 Route 31 North
Washington, NJ 07882
Brass Castle is located in the northwestern section of the Township, at the foot of Montana Mountain, and is surrounded by the Morris Canal, Brass Castle Creek and Pohatcong Creek. According to local tradition, the village was named after the cabin or "castle" of Jacob Brass. By 1874, this dispersed community consisted of a school, sawmill, gristmill, several smithies, and about a dozen residences. Other early industries included a brickyard and a paper mill. The village has grown considerably since 1955 as a suburb of Washington Borough.