211 Route 31 North
Washington, NJ 07882
This village is located along the banks of the Musconetcong River, at the southern end of the Township. First settled by John Bowlby, the community began to develop after the erection of a gristmill, c. 1792, by Samuel Bowlby and Henry Dusenberry. A number of early 19th century residences in this village survive. A store was added to the village before 1834, when the community contained a mill, store, and three dwellings. The mill was replaced by another one, built in 1857. The village has retained almost all of its 19th century structures, and is a good example of an early rural community.
Grist Mill built 1857 and operated into the 1950’s replaced a previous grist mill built 1792. Today is a private residence.
A rare original Pony Pratt Truss (prefabricated cast-iron) Bridge near Imlaydale crossing the Musconetcong River built in 1868 by William Cowin of Lambertville.
Since July 1990, Imlaydale has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places